Friday, March 20, 2020 – Sunday, March 22, 2020
This year’s conference will be located at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, 50 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116.
Advancing Excellence in Sexual and Gender Minority Health is a national CME course developed in response to the high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for patients who identify as a sexual or gender minorities.
This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing competent, confident and affirmative health care, ground in research evidence and best clinical practices. Sessions are led by expert faculty specialized in sexual and gender minority research and patient care.
The conference will include didactic presentations as well as interactive panels and case discussions.
Conference topics include:
- Achieving Health Equity: Terminology, Demographics, Stigmas and Disparities
- Creating a Welcoming and Inclusive Environment
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Trauma Informed Care
- Primary Care and Preventative Health Needs of LGBTQIA+ Patients
- LGBTQIA+ Youth and Adolescents
- LGBTQIA+ Older Adults
- Pathways to Parenthood for LGBTQIA+ People
- HIV/STI Treatment and Prevention for LGBTQIA+ People
- Collecting Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Data
The conference is appropriate for all members of health care teams, including physicians, behavioral health care providers, physician assistance, nurses, and other staff.